Tuesday, November 16, 2010

To Walk A Mile In Their Shoes

Before you read this I want to say I'm not perfect. I am no where near a role model and I am guilty of being an asshole at times. My life isn't the perfect life and my life isn't the worst life. I live a very good life with great people and luckly deal with minor problems. I'll admit I don't follow my own advise, but that's not going to stop me from writing this.

I'm not asking for anyone to change their lives, break their habits or daily routines. I'm not asking anyone to go out of their way to do anything. The only thing I am asking for is after you read this blog, just think about it. Spend two minutes, ten minutes, an hour, I don't care. Just think about this.

We all have problems. Every single one of us faces some kind of challenge every day. Some struggle more then others. Some always fail, some always succeed. Whether the problem is an argument with a loved one, or battling with a life threatening disease in the family. Some people don't have a roof over their heads and no bed to sleep in, but you will not find anyone happier then them. Some people have everything. Money, big house, fast cars, a family and a hot meal every night. Some of these people never smile through out their day. Some people can hide their pain, and some people have to express theirs.

No two lives are the same. Everyone handles a different amount of stress. And the next time some one gets on your nerves, or annoys you or gets under their skin. Just think about the path they've taken to get where they are today. If you understand their life and the types of struggles they've dealt with you can understand why they do the things they do now. People who haven't dealt with major, life changes can either be stronger then some people, or weaker then some people.

I'm doing a very shitty job at explaining this blog and what I want to say. So I'm just going to stop beating around the bush and just come out and say it. When you think you're in a bad situation, walk in some one elses shoes. Look at your life compared to others. Realize that the situation you are in will pass, if you let it. Don't let life get you so down, because things can always get worse.

Something I'm not good at doing is thinking. But for those that are, try it before you do or say something. Before you do something, think of the reaction. Before you say something, think of what you're saying actually means.

I don't know how else to sum up this blog with out saying, "Walk in their shoes for one day." You may have a different outlook on life if you pay attention.

1 comment:

  1. Very good points. When life does get me down, I just learn to deal with it accordingly. It could be so much worse, it could be better. You get what you're given and learn to smile everyday. 'When life gives you lemons, make lemonaid'

    ReplyDelete