Friday, December 24, 2010

Nice Guys Finish Last

So, for those of you that don't know what happened, I recently got jumped walking home from my local bar. I was around 11:30, I think... I was walking by myself when these dudes walked up to me. I was stressed out beyond belief, so I asked them for a cigarette. Yes, I know, I quit smoking. It's been 8 weeks. But I was stressed and drunk so it sounded like a good idea. They gave me one, and demanded I give them weed for the cigarette. I don't smoke weed, so I didn't have any. They didn't like the idea of not getting anything in return. One of the guys stepped up and got into my face threatening to whoop my ass and kept saying I thought he was stupid. While guy one was in my face, the other guy pushed me from behind. I stumbled forward and as I was stumbling forward, guy one threw a punch. There was a moment where it felt like time stopped and I wasn't sure what happened. Then there just started wailing on me. I don't know how many blows to the head I took. I think this all happened in a matter of like 5 seconds. But it felt like it lasted for 5 hours.

They eventually just walked away throwing insults at me. I kinda just sat there for a second and wasn't quit sure what happened. Then it clicked. I just got my ass kicked.

So, I'm sitting here now with a swollen eye and a fat shiner.

I got me thinking... What the fuck did I do so wrong? I mean, like what does bad shit happen to me? I try my best to be the best person that I can be. I look out for my friends and family and I'm working on turning my life around and being a better person and literally out of no where, this happens. Why did I have to get my ass kicked? I never did anything to anyone. Sure, I may lose my temper some times but who doesn't?

If everything happens for a reason, what was the reason for my beating?

No comments:

Post a Comment