Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To Dream To Feel.

I stood in the moonlight, looking at her silhouette with the city’s skyline behind her. She turned to look at me with a smile on her face. When she turned, time seemed to slow down. Everything went quiet, And my heart began to race. My palms began to sweat, and my breathing increased. She looked into my eyes, and I lost my breath. Butterflies began to fill my stomach with every step she took towards me. Before I knew it, she was standing right in front of me. Her hands were playing with my belt loops, and she began to wrap her arms around my waist. She pulled me in close, and she pulled me in tight. She buried her head into my chest. I think she could hear my heartbeat because she began to giggle.

“Relax,” she said. “Why are you so nervous?”
For a moment I paused and didn’t know how to respond. Then finally it all came out. “I can’t help but to be nervous around you. Every time I see you, the butterflies begin to go crazy. Every day I see you, I feel like a school boy whose crush talked to him for the first time. It’s been years, but I still get nervous just looking at you. To look into your eyes is like looking into heaven. To hear the words you speak is like listening to an angel sing. To see you cry is like feeling a part of me has died. To feel the feeling of love towards you, is like feeling heaven is here on earth. With me. To be with you is to know that there’s nothing to worry about.”
Things got quiet. I felt I said something I shouldn’t have. For a split second, she looked up at me and the moon filled her eyes. I noticed she had a tear drop from one of them. I put my hands on her face, and wipe away her tears with my thumbs. No words were spoken. For a moment, we just looked at each other, staring into each other’s eyes. And finally it happened. She pulled herself into my face and her lips touched my lips. My heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest. I felt her pull me in and she pressed herself up against my body.
Then I heard a loud noise. It was my alarm clock. Then I woke up. Laying in bed. Staring at the ceiling. I thought to myself “In your dreams.” Rolled over and stared at my clock. Dragged myself out of my bed and forced myself to go through the day as if the dream never happened. But never forgetting the feelings I felt in that dream, in hopes one day the dream would become a reality, and those feelings would return to me.

1 comment:

  1. I have dreams like that on occasion. The ones where you wake up feeling the same sense of reality from the dream. They used to get so bad they'd depress me all day. Most of mine were of me missing my ex and trying to find him. Or when I wasn't over him every time I dreamt of him I could barely even function the next day. My favorite dreams? The one where you have an intimate one, like yours above, but with someone you know in real life. Someone you'd never think of that way. The next day you feel like you're falling for them. It's so crazy what our subconscious can do to us.

    ReplyDelete